Children Under the Age of 18
Our Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Platform or on or through any of its features/register on the Platform, make any reservations through the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect and How We Use It
HCT collects two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Aggregate Information.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this Platform, such as registering for an account, sending a booking request or inquiry from you to a property owner or manager, submitting a Listing, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
Examples of PII may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address (including zip code), employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, date of birth, profile picture, gender, sexual orientation, self-description and other identifying information. When making a reservation the Platform, you may be asked to provide a credit card number.
We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a User of the Platform or make a booking for accommodation with our Hosts or Co-Host.
To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information. To learn more, visit the FAQ
Aggregate Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Platform and what other websites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the site you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Platform, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
When processing certain information, such as payment information with affiliated banking institutions or payment processors, we encrypt the transaction, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, in order to prevent your PII from being stolen or intercepted. Additionally, your credit card information: is never stored on our servers or is encrypted and stored on a restricted-access database that is away from our main Platform and only accessible by authorized users.
We may also collect or our third party advertising partners may collect, certain Aggregate Information. For example, we may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Platform and to gather demographic information. Our third party advertising partners may also provide us with aggregate, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our Platform, your search queries on the Platform, booking history (including bookings canceled or inquired about), details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of your reservations, service used and manner of usage, google maps of listing location, log data to the Platform, transaction history .
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Platform, or transmitted to other Users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, “User Contents”). Your User Contents are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contents. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contents will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may also use an outside advertising partner to display banner advertisements on our Platform. As part of their service, they will place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party advertising partners with any of your PII or information about your purchases. We and our third party ad server will collect and use Aggregate Information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Platform in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any PII to them.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Platform may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To other Users as follows:
- When you as a Traveler submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Host (or Co-Host, if applicable) including your full name, the full name of any additional Travelers, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- When you as a Host (or Co-Host, if applicable) have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Traveler to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, and Accommodation address.
- When you as a Host invite another User to become a Co-Host, you authorize the Co-Host to access your information and User Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, phone number, Accommodation address, and email address.
- To service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To your staffing agency or employer. Since all reservation made on our Platform are for business purposes, we may disclose information related to the reservation to your employer or staffing agency, such as the name of the User, the accommodation address, pricing, listing details, and other related information. At the request of the employer or staffing agency, we may also share this information with third parties engaged by it to provide travel management, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services.
- To a third party performing services on our behalf, such as to process payment.
- To service providers we work with to feature all or part of the property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to our business. This might include featuring your listings and photographs on other websites.
- Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook, Google or Twitter account, if you have asked us to connect with such account.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HTC assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HTC about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HTC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you choose to create an account on the Platform, certain information in your account will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. Example:
- Parts of your account (or profile) which may include, your first name, yourself description, and city, are freely obvious to others.
- Public Listing pages are freely accessible to the public the such as the search accommodation area (city and state), Listings, calendar accessibility, Host open profile photograph and any extra data the Host shares.
- Travelers and Hosts are given the permission to compose reviews and rate each other during or after each booked stay. These reviews are a part of your open profile page.
- If you submit content in an public forum or online networking post, or utilize a comparative element on the Platform, that content is publicly visible.
- Data you share openly on the Platform might be listed through third party web search tools.
We may show parts of our Platform (e.g. your listing page) on websites operated by our business partners. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s website, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD] or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delete My Account
When you deactivate your account:
- Any reservations you currently have as a host or a guest will automatically be canceled.
- Your profile will be hidden.
- If you are a host, your listings will be hidden.
- Some information, such as your reviews, may remain visible to others.
To Delete Your Account Click Here
Our Contact Information
1202 E. STREET 1ST STREET
P.O. BOX #14565
Humble, Texas 77347